More to explore...

Sunday, November 23, 2008

God is so cool!!

Anita has said it so many times, and today I saw it yet again! God knows what we need before we need it. Now I know this is going to strike some as trivial, but to me it just shows me anew how God cares for even the little things in my life.


As some of you already know, in the spring I'll be with this HUGE co-op (the largest one I've ever been a part of... I'm praying NOW! HA!) and we will be studying cooperation/states and regions. Well, as I was babysitting a friend's child this afternoon I was channel surfing and what did I see on the History channel? A DOCUMENTARY ON THE STATES!!! There will be a snippet of material on each one of the 52 states. I didn't even know that there was such a documentary! I began recording the series immediately. While this may seem like no big deal, let me give u this little flash back: This semester we have been studying wisdom/government and founding fathers/presidents and electoral process. And boy has this semester been tough. Not so much the material - although there was a ton of material to cover - but just our situation and circumstances. We had our house on the market and you ALL know what kind of mess that entails. We have been living "on the farm" in our camper, of all things, trying to slowly get the place out here in shape for living here this winter. Things were uncertain as to whether we were going to be wintering over here or moving back into the house that was on the market. Just thinking about all this makes my stomach draw up... But then the Lord blessed us and we were able to sell the house so there was the MOVE. Aaarrrrgghh! I hate moving. We had a lot done, but gee whiz! How in the dickens do you accumulate so much STUFF??? Well, we had some great help (thank you so much Karen and Melinda!! You girls saved me!) but it was still a lot of work. And I have to say that I think this rule of the universe is totally unfair, but it seems that just because you're having a traumatic thing happen in your life, your every day chores like laundry, cooking, dishes, etc. still go on. Now how's that for a stinker!?!? So there was all that still to be done as well. Oh, gosh, and I almost forgot! WE STILL HAD TO DO SCHOOL!!! I have to brag on my Master here - He is sufficient for all my needs. He gave me such a measure of grace and mercy that I am still amazed. But here's where the cool thing comes in: As we were so busy with the house, the farm, the stuff of life, learning about the presidents, I'm sorry to say, got put sort of on the back burner. So, my Great God in all His awesomeness provided me with this great help... A DOCUMENTARY SET FROM THE HISTORY CHANNEL ABOUT THE PRESIDENTS!!! Now, I know that some might say that God did not have the History channel make a documentary on the presidents and founding fathers several years ago just so that I could have them in 2008 thru my crazy fall semester.... but you'll never make me believe it. For just as Christ died for all, He died JUST FOR ME. And though I know that others have benefitted from that set of documentaries, they saved my school semester. Otherwise my poor children would have been clueless and we would have probably dropped out of the co-op. I know that God was living up to His promise that Paul wrote about when he said, "For we know that all things work together for good for those that love the Lord and are called according to His purpose." He knows just how to make the puzzle pieces fit to benefit the ones that the big picture needs to benefit. And although I usually cannot see anything other than my particular puzzle piece, I feel like there were several things that happened that needed to happen this semester. 1-I felt we could stay in the co-op as long as we could watch those videos and keep up somewhat. 2- That put me in a position to remain in close contact with my friend - on a weekly and sometimes daily basis. 3- It kept our children together, continuing to build an exciting friendship 4-That relationship led those boys to be ok with staying with us when their youngest brother had to be rushed to Lebonheur (sp?) for an emergency situation. They were able to stay with us for a little over a week and it was so sweet having them with us. And there were several things that God worked out for that family during that time that make up an awesome story by itself. So here's what will really "bake your noodle"... All that was as a result of a documentary series on presidents?? Yep. So now my thoughts move into the future.... What does God see happening in my life in the spring? Does He already know what's coming and that my poor children will need the "States" documentaries because they will have a dud for a teacher?? (Ah, ah, ah.... don't u say it!! I'm not always a dud!) Or is He just giving me a freebie? Yet another one of those many things that I know I take for granted daily... One of those little ways He shows me that He cares about every little detail of my life...

No comments: