More to explore...

Saturday, November 22, 2008





Oh my mercy, sakes, and gracious!! What in the world have I gotten myself into? I, the queen of "not because everyone else is doing it" have caved in to the (gasp!) peer pressure of blogging. I mean, nobody has said, "Oh, come on girl! You can do it!" I just find myself sitting at my computer whining loudly inside my head saying, "But everybody else is blogging..." Whine, whine, whine.... I feel like I need a little cheese with that whine. Gee whiz... But, here I am, posting my first blog, sharing my photo (that I just LOVE) of two of my sweet kitties, and hoping that I don't shame myself by typing some heinously (sp?) misspelled words (LOL) or using subject-verb agreement that would send the grammar police crashing down my door. Hey, if it's not used properly, would that be subject -verb disagreement?? Ha! HA! Weeeelllll.... Now what I do say? See, this is why I was worried about blogging! What in the world do you say when u r trying to tell about what's going on in your life? Hmmm.....


Oh! I know! For those of you that don't know, PRAISE GOD AND GLORY HALLELUJAH, we sold our house! Woooo hoooo!! I cannot tell u what pressure that has taken off my poor husband. Bless his heart.... But now, work-a-holic that he is, he's a busy beaver getting the dairy barn converted into the "cabin". (No, Mr. DHS worker, we don't live in a barn... It's a CABIN!) So, as I sit here and type, unbeknownst to my industrious husband, I hear the power screw-gun thingy just working away in the background. I really should be up helping clear debris or clean up my children's junk they left in the way or various and sundry other things that are on my to do list. But, it will still be there when I quit this - unfortunately. Sigh.... I don't know how this blogging thing is going to turn out, but I'm here anyway. I guess this would be one of those things you would say that you have done in your lifetime. I'm gonna be 90 one of these days (if the Lord tarries His coming that long) and telling my great grandchildren (in my best old lady voice) "Why, yer ol Grandma was an adventurist, she was!! I even had my own BLOG back in the day... he, he, he, he..."


Well y'all, I'm going to go make myself useful. Hey! Don't laugh! It happens... So you all have a fantastic night and sweet peaceful sleep that the Master promises us in His word. I pray you will have a rejuvenating day in the Lord tomorrow. Remember to hug your babies - even the ones that aren't babies anymore -tell your husband that you appreciate him - and mean it. Go kiss him just because and tell him you're so thankful that God gave him to you. He'll wonder what you want if he's like my husband! LOL! Just smile and say "I just love you, that's all." My sweet friend sent me this "recipe" she found online.... I'll say my goodnight and leave it with you.


Preserving a Husband Recipe


Ingredients


Patience, Sweetened smiles, flavored kisses, charity, peaches, cream


Directions


Be careful in your selection. Do not choose too young, and take only such as have been reared in a good moral atmosphere. Some insist on keeping theirs in a pickle, while others keep theirs in hot water. This only makes them sour, hard, and sometimes bitter. Even poor varieties may be made sweet, tender, and good by garnishing them with patience, well-sweetened with smiles, and flavored with kisses (to taste). Make sure to wrap them in a mantle of charity, cover them in a blanket of prayer, and keep them warm with a steady fire of domestic devotion. Serve with peaches and cream. When thus prepared, they will keep for years.

3 comments:

Kristie said...

ROFL!!! Welcome to the addicting world of (LOL) blogging Lori! (cathcing my breath!) Great post! I've added you to my list! Love Ya!

Roan said...

What happened between yesterday when you said "I don't know why those people blog!" till today?? :) Welcome! I can't wait to keep up with you. I have already added you to my blog list.
Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Hi LL,
Love the blog!
I do not have a clue how to add you to my blog list, but I will try when I have time :)
Love ya!