More to explore...

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Anybody Remember Hee Haw?

Surely you can remember the old song, "Gloom, despair, and agony on me... OH!! Deep dark depression, excessive misery.... OH! If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all.... OH!! Gloom, despair, and agony on me!" Yes, the words to the song are depressingly pitiful, it's true, but the whole thing was IMMENSELY funny as the different characters told outlandish tales to out-do the other one's bad luck.

So I'll let you know in the morning who wins the "Pitiful" contest... Tommy ran with us this afternoon. I was a SAD sight trying to run (it was some HOT out there!) and my husband (who hasn't run in 15 years) decided he was going to lay into running most of that mile without stopping and left me in the dust. So since my shoes have been killing my feet, I've been hobbling around the house all evening looking like I have had some form of torture done to them and my DH has been reminding me of Hee Haw every time he gets up... OH! Sad, gloomy, and depressingly pitiful... But immensely funny!! Hee, hee, he haw, haw, haw! Hee Haw!

Good night Lulu, Grandpaw, Minnie Pearl, and BR549!
L

3 comments:

Roan said...

Lori,
Don't worry about Tommy leaving you! Men always run farther and faster than us girls! You just hang in there. Did you try shorter running spurts?

Caleb said...

Love your comparison to Hee Haw. Believe it or not my children (in their twenties) have some old Hee Haw DVD's that they like to watch. My older three children have a bluegrass gospel band and had the privilege of playing a couple of festivals with former Hee Haw cast member Leroy Troy. He's a "hoot."

Em said...

Oh, girl, I vividly remember Hee Haw! Loved that show! I told Mark that Tommy finished the mile with the words, "I don't care what nobody says, there ain't nothin' fun about that!" Too funny!!

So proud of y'all.

Love you!