More to explore...

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Two Days of Chicken Killing

Well, this is actually not what it sounds like. I haven't been in the chicken yard wringing necks, but if I'd thrown the challa bread I made at any of my chickens, it would have killed them for sure. And the first batch was such a consistency that I couldn't feed it to the chickens for fear of choking them! Yes, it was hard enough to choke a chicken. It's OK... go on and laugh. It really is funny. But I refuse to be defeated!! I'm coming home from church today and trying another recipe and I WILL make some good challa bread before next week's observance of Shabbat. Yes, I know we were going to celebrate that this past Friday/Saturday, but as my sweet friend Rina said, "Your Shabbat went to pot!" And it REALLY did. Plus, tomatos wait for no Shabbat, and the canning had to be done when the harvest was ready. So I canned all day yesterday. Spaghetti sauce and wonderful vegetable soup. Mmmmm.... I can just imagine that warm soup on a cold, rainy, winter day.... So, that, at least, was successful.

I'll get this challa bread right yet. I'll keep u updated on my progress. And when I get a pretty loaf I take a photo. I may take a photo of this second batch just for comparison. It doesn't look too bad, but I don't know that you could love me enough to get that down! LOL! Not with a straight face anyway!

Have a Blessed Lord's Day all my friends!
Love in Him,
Lori

No comments: