More to explore...

Monday, August 10, 2009

That's Greek to me...

Who knew that Greek with my kids would be fun??? We started our first "official" day of school today and one of our new subjects is Greek. We're using "Hey, Andrew! Teach Me Some Greek!" and it's fun! The kids liked learning the phrase "The Lord is my helper" and being able to actually speak a Greek phrase after one 30 minute lesson. And they like the ABC song (or, well, the alpha, beta, gamma song.. it's cute). I googled "Greek alphabet cards" and found a banner of the Greek alphabet that I printed to hang up in our school room. We're learning 5 per day until we can get the whole thing and sing the whole song. Then we'll be making some progress. I'm really looking forward to this.

U know, it actually makes me feel a bit more erudite to be learning a foreign language. See, I can even use some of those $2 words from time to time!

Well, keeping with the schedule... it's lunch time now. Gotta run!

Oh, hey!! I did run this morning. I met my sister at 6 this morning and ran. Tomorrow we're doing the Bodock 5K route. I feel like singing the Dora "We Did It!" song! Woo, hoo... we did it!!

Seeking His will,
Lori

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Hey girl,

I am glad to see you back in the blogging world. Even though I am not. I would not need to blog my day today. OK, I don't know any $2 words, what does it mean? I am so proud of you for running and I love the theme song!! You are doing great! Love ya, Kim